Las Vegas Construction Accident Attorney
Related Practice Areas
Legal Representation for Your Job Site Injury Claim
Worker’s comp is only one aspect of a construction worker injury claim. You may be able to file a civil lawsuit for negligence, or a possible case involving product liability.
Many construction jobs are inherently dangerous, however, you have the right to expect a work environment that is reasonably safe. If you have been injured on the job, it is important to understand your options and to get legal representation as quickly as possible.
Legal Options For Construction Worker Injuries
Most construction workers are aware of worker’s comp, but may not understand the details until a job site injury occurs. Las Vegas and surrounding areas fall under Nevada State Worker’s Compensation laws. In general, workers are covered when their injury takes place while on duty. Also, repetitive stress or other injuries or illnesses that occur over time may be covered.
Determining worker’s compensation benefits can be complex. Disabilities can be temporary or permanent. Additionally, it may be determined that the disability is partial, whereby the compensation amount is commensurate with the determined percentage the worker is disabled.
Not every claim is awarded compensation. In the event your claim is denied or disputed by an insurance company, there are strict guidelines as to when and how an appeal must be filed.
You need representation. Having Spartacus Law Firm represent you gives you the best chance of receiving the full amount you deserve.
You may be entitled to bring a damages claim against another person or entity. Filing a lawsuit is complicated. To win you must prove that your injury was the result of negligence by another party. Examples include falling from improperly erected equipment, injury from poorly maintained machinery, electric shock, toxicity or repetitive motion. There are countless ways to be injured on the job. Proving negligence in a Nevada courtroom requires legal expertise.
PRODUCT LIABILITY LAWSUITS
You may have a case for product liability if it can be proven that your job injury was caused my a manufacturing defect of a tool or other equipment. The defendant in a product liability lawsuit could be well away from the job site. For example, a repair facility or parts manufacturer, not to mention the manufacturer itself, might have played a role in the injury, even if the problem was created months or even years beforehand.
Getting You the Compensation You Deserve
We never collect a fee unless there is an award for damages. From the beginning, we will do everything possible to build your case. At the Spartacus Law Firm, some of the services we provide for our clients are as follows:
- We insulate you from the insurance companies by conducting all negotiations, and protecting your rights if you have to give a recorded statement, deposition, or undergo an independent medical examination.
- We handle all communications and negotiations with the insurance company.
- We advise you if you are entitled to money damages (compensation) for elements of damages pursuant to Nevada law such as permanent impairment or disability, physical pain and suffering, mental distress or anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, inconvenience, lost wages in the past and future, and medical bills in the past and future.
- We suggest, and have a listing of competent medical practitioners that assist in your physical rehabilitation, and are experts in their respective fields. We also have a roster of renowned expert witnesses, which we constantly update, so your case benefits from credible testimony on difficult issues.
- An attorney handles all aspects of your personal injury case. We do not farm out pieces of your case to paralegals or other staff. At all times, and in all matters of your legal case, you deserve the best and most competent representation.
At the Spartacus Law Firm, we achieve the maximum results possible for our clients, while striving to meet their personal needs throughout this time of turmoil. If you have been injured due to the negligence of another, please contact our office for a free consultation.